Tuesday, April 27, 2010

July 1986


MEXICAN TUNA
It didn't really taste mexican at all, only a tablespoon of taco sauce kinda blended in to the rest of the salad and you couldn't even tell it was there. Overall, it was a pretty decent tuna salad. I tried it on my finger, on bread and on tortillas. I liked it on bread the best.
ingredients for MEXICAN TUNA
here it is in a bowl...
...and on a bit of finger


SCRATCHEDDAR NOSE-DRIP-DIP
I'm assuming that by "Cheddar-type cheese" they mean Velveeta. I sure hope so, cuz a pound of real cheese costs twice as much as two pounds of Velveeta. Anyway, I've made Velveeta-and-Rotel queso dip millions of times, but always in the microwave. Now I know why, melting it in the frying pan kinda cooked it into a solid cheese pancake. The garlic and lemon gave it a different kinda flavor than queso, but it worked pretty good with the french bread. It was extremely dense and filling, I only ate a few mouthfuls before it went in the fridge. As to whether or not I'll finish it, it looks doubtful.

How could you go wrong with these few simple ingredients?
oh, like this. Note the hole I made in the solid cheese pancake when I dipped the bread in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment